COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR POSITION AVAILABLE
Who We Are:
The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame (SSHF) is a progressive not-for-profit mid-sized NGO museum located in Regina. On an annual basis we offer temporary exhibits, in-house and through outreach opportunities, with themes derived from Saskatchewan’s extensive sport history, as well as a celebration of those individuals and teams recognized in the Hall of Fame.
What the Opportunity is:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator is accountable for the development and implementation of effective corporate communication strategies promoting a positive public image for the SSHF; managing internal communications; managing the website and various social media platforms; and developing content for media releases and other external communications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating a Communications Strategy aligned with the mission and strategic direction of the SSHF.
- Provide communications support for SSHF programming, marketing, sponsorship and self-help initiatives.
- Coordinate the media relations for the SSHF.
- Create, update and maintain all content on www.sasksportshalloffame.com.
- Coordinate all SSHF social media content creation re Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, etc.
- The SSHF is a mid-size museum with a small staff of four (4). It is expected that all staff will get involved in the planning and implementation of other programming components and special events, not specifically defined in their job description, as required.
- A complete job description can be obtained by emailing Executive Director, Sheila Kelly, at email@example.com
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or certificate in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline, in addition to a minimum two years of related work experience preferably in a NGO environment.
- Demonstrated excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in web design and content production.
- Demonstrated experience with professional social media content production and participation
- Demonstrated experience in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- High level understanding on Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of photo and video-editing software.
- Ability to work flex hours.
- Ability to travel and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Keen interest in sport would be an asset.
Salary & Benefits:
- Full-time position: 37.5 hours/week (7.5 hours/day). Flexible hours of work.
- Annual salary range is $40,000 – $45,000. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 22, 2019.
To apply for this position please submit:
- Resume with three (3) work related references.
- Three (3) unique examples of communication you have created within the past 12 months
- Three (3) writing samples produced within the past 6 months (i.e. web post, social media post, newsletter article, media release, etc.).
Please forward your applications to:
- Sheila Kelly, Executive Director, Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame, 2205 Victoria Avenue, Regina SK, S4P 0S4
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame thanks all candidates for their submission. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.