There is a cost associated with every research and photo request. For full details, please scroll down to the Cost Schedule button below. Our minimum hourly charge is $20.
Our files contain an abundance of information on our inductees (individuals and teams), as well as other Saskatchewan sport information. For example:
- SSHF-generated material for inductees and exhibits (biographies, citations, historical information)
- Published material (newspaper clippings, programs, magazines…)
- Sport photographs (copyright protected)
- Saskatchewan Roughriders archives
Note: at this time the majority of this information is not in electronic form so it must be researched manually.
Is your request for research or for a photo reproduction or both?
- Open the Research and Photo Request found below. Save a copy and fill it in or print a copy to work with.
- Please include as many details as possible ie. Full names, correct spelling of names, the year or years you are requesting information for, the sport or team name or championship etc.
- The more information included in the request, the less time and cost for SSHF staff to complete the request on your behalf.
- Once you have completed the Research and Photo Request form you can submit the information to the SSHF using one of the following methods:
FAX: (306) 780-9427
Email: [email protected]
Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame
2205 Victoria Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 0S4
After the form has been submitted to the SSHF please note the following as part of the process for completing your request:
- Allow sufficient notice to allow staff to complete your request. Depending on the events/exhibits currently underway at the SSHF, the request may take 4-6 weeks to complete.
- The staff at the SSHF will review the request upon receipt and will advise promptly if the research or photo request cannot be completed or if the request may be cost prohibitive for the requestor. For example, the request is for a sport/event which is not part of our current archives or the request would require significant hours for completion
Note also that research can be completed in person. See Research and Photo Costs below.
Research and Photo Costs
The SSHF staff will review your request against our inventory to determine what items to research. Costs will be associated with each request for time and materials.
SSHF staff will track the time required to:
- search archive information
- correspond with the requestor to clarify information
- photocopy documents
- complete photo preparation (sizing, cropping etc)
Costs will be associated with the following:
- scanning images
- colour copying (completed by external supplier)
- delivery charges
Photo reproduction costs will be calculated by:
- photo size
- photo quantity – number of copies
- photographer copyright and usage fee charges (vary by photographer)
Rates, Copyright and Payment:
- All rate and prices are subject to change without notification.
- Photographer copyright charges and usage fee will be applied where agreements are in place with the SSHF.
- Images are provided and authorized for “One Time Use Only”.
- The requestor will assume any and all responsibility for questions of copyright that may arise from the preparation of reproductions or their use in any way.
- Invoices will be issued by the SSHF for costs associated with the request.
- Payment of the invoice will be required prior to delivery.
Research at the SSHF by Appointment:
- Requests may be submitted to complete research at the SSHF location
- Appointments will require a minimum of 2-3 weeks prior notice to ensure staff availability
- Some costs may still apply if the SSHF must complete preparation work prior to the appointment, be required to reproduce materials or complete scanning during the appointment or refile items in the archives after the appointment
Please note we do not allow any original material to leave the SSHF.