The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame (SSHF) invites you to invest in the preservation and interpretation of Saskatchewan’s rich sport heritage.
Established in 2012, the Sport Investors Club – Teammate program was launched in conjunction with the Sport Legacy Fund program developed to assist Sask Sport Inc. member organizations in implementing a gift giving campaign. By joining the Sports Investors Club as a Teammate you are supporting both the annual strategic priorities of the SSHF, as well as our long-term development plans. A key benefit of the Sport Legacy Fund program is the complementary “donor incentive program” offered through Saskatchewan Lotteries, which provides a 20% top-up on legacy contributions of $120 or more per year.
To date, almost $90,000 has been raised through the Sport Investors Club.
Teammate participation requires a donation of $500 from which $380 is deposited as an annual donation to the SSHF and $120 is deposited into our Sport Legacy Fund through the National Sport Trust Fund – Saskatchewan Chapter (NSTF). The $120 contribution is receipted through the NSTF and the funds are locked in for a period of 5 years. It is these funds that will become a foundation of our long-term development plans. It is also these funds that receive the top-up advantage. The $120 designated to the Sport Legacy Fund will be topped up by an additional 20% through Saskatchewan Lotteries. That’s an additional $24 donated in your name to the long term future of the SSHF. This has resulted in thousands of additional dollars being donated to the long term strategic development of the SSHF since the start of the program.
Benefits associated with a Teammate include:
- Exclusive, annually created, commemorative Teammate certificate
- Invitation to the annual Donor’s Reception (events hosted in Regina & Saskatoon dependent on local COVID-19 health guidelines)
- Recognition on the SSHF website as a Sport Investors Club – Teammate
- For The Record, our quarterly e-news publication
- Invitations to exhibit openings and other special events at the SSHF (as permissible through COVID-19 restrictions)
- Tax receipt issued through the SSHF for your full Sport Investors Club contribution of $380
- Tax receipt issued through the NSTF for the Sport Legacy Fund contribution of $120 on behalf of the SSHF
To participate in the Sport Investors Club – Teammate program please download and complete the Teammate Registration Form and the National Sport Trust Fund – Saskatchewan Chapter Donation Form, and submit with your payments to the SSHF.
If you prefer, you can also donate directly to the SSHF’s sport legacy fund without the need to complete additional paperwork.
Please contact us at 306-78-9232 or via email to [email protected] should you wish to discuss the Sports Investors Club – Teammate program in more detail.
- Glenn “Chico” Resch
- Beth Brownridge
- EXP Consulting – Brenda (Webster) Comfort
- Roy and Pat Sihvon
- Ernie Richardson
- Shirley Shockey
- David Pearce
- Frank Lowery
- Maureen “Chick” Baker
- Lee Ann & Donovan Brown
- H. Douglas Ramsay
- Ron Walsh
- Boston Pizza Saskatchewan
- M. Bernadette McIntyre
- John and Diane Konihowski
THE SPORT LEGACY FUND
The Sport Legacy Fund (SLF) is not exclusively linked to the Sport Investors Club – Teammate program.
The overall program, managed by Sask Sport Inc., provides an opportunity for individuals who have benefited from sport or those who believe in the value of sport and Saskatchewan’s sport history to contribute financially to support programs for current and future generations. Contributions result in recognition and significant tax savings for the donor. One of the hallmarks of the SLF is the Donor Incentive Program whereby Sask Sport Inc. provides an additional 20% of the total value of the donation (up to a maximum of $10,000) in the name of the donor in any one fiscal period. These incentive dollars are contributed at the time of donation but will be deferred for a period of five years. Donors will, however, only receive a charitable tax receipt for their portion of the donation.
The following are eligible for the Sport Legacy Fund incentive program:
- Gifts involving a minimum cash donation of $10/month or $120/year.
- Gifts naming the SSHF as the beneficiary.
- Lump sum donations, bonds, life insurance, paid-up life insurance policies, and interest-free loans are eligible gifts.
- Gifts must be deferred for a minimum period of five (5) years or be applied to a life insurance policy.
- Donors must designate the SSHF Legacy Support Focus area of their choice as the end-use of the donation. This donation must be made voluntarily without any conditions and with no expectation of return to you (or related parties) as a result of your contribution.
- Donations must originate from an individual or family to be eligible. Corporate or business donations are not eligible for the incentive program.
Visit sasksportshalloffame.com/Giving for more donation information.
Please consult with your financial and estate planning advisors to ensure which donation option is right for you.