The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame (SSHF) is looking for a Curatorial Assistant (Full-Time Term)
General: Reporting to the Curator, the Curatorial Assistant (CA) will assist in the development and implementation of research and data capture designed to populate a new Hall of Fame digital exhibit. In addition, the position will support the ongoing achievement of the SSHF strategic plan as it pertains to collection management details. The position requires excellent research and writing skills, independent initiative, and organizational ability.
Focus Project Details: The SSHF has been updating its Hall of Fame gallery to celebrate the accomplishments of those inducted, as well as showcase Saskatchewan’s exciting sport heritage both now and in the future. Phase I included the installation of wall panels providing visitors with a retrospective of the hall of fame inductees by year “at a glance”. Phase II of the project will incorporate interactive digital content about the inductees and Saskatchewan’s sport history on a touch table and via a 3D exhibit case. This interactive storytelling capacity will allow visitors to choose how far they want to immerse themselves in the sport history through their own user driven experience. The project incorporates cutting edge visual content that will engage a broad spectrum of demographic needs and interests which comprises the SSHF visitor base.
- Research SSHF inductees, objects within the permanent collection, and components of Saskatchewan’s sport history.
- Write content for historical timelines, exhibit text, and artifact context.
- Assist with the development of content control spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Assist with day-to-day operations specific to collection management as necessary and requested (i.e. cataloguing, digitization, inventories, storage, etc.).
- Assist with all aspects of exhibit installations, provide exhibit planning support to the Curator, and take the lead on tasks as required, including those in outreach locations.
- Support the development and delivery of SSHF education & special event programming through the innovative use of the permanent collection.
- General office activities and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in museology, social sciences, or humanities.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a museum or heritage institution environment
- Ability to work in varied work environments (i.e. office work, physical work, stakeholder engagements, etc.).
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and flexibility to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated research abilities.
- Demonstrated written communication skills. The ability to read, write and speak in English is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Collective Access (SaskCollections) would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid Driver License is mandatory.
Conditions of Employment:
- Submission of Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Submission of proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This is a full-time term position from April 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023. Standard work week is 37.5 hours. Salary is $35,100 plus benefits.
Please submit your resume and covering letter by Friday, March 18, 2022, to:
Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
2205 Victoria Avenue
Resumés with covering letter may also be submitted via email to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 18, 2022