The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame (SSHF) is looking for a summer Curatorial Assistant
The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is a progressive not-for-profit mid-sized NGO museum located in Regina. Our permanent collection encompasses approximately 19,000 items reflecting the sport history of the province. On an annual basis we offer a variety of temporary exhibits with themes derived from Saskatchewan’s extensive sport history, as well as a celebration of those individuals and teams recognized in the Hall of Fame.
In conjunction with and/or under the direction of the Curator:
- Cross reference the collection inventory with the digitized collection inventory to determine errors and omissions.
- Identify catalogue numbers within the digitized collection that need to be corrected to be consistent with those numbers in the collection inventory.
- Identify and correct duplicated catalogue numbers within both collections.
- Identify and delete duplicated files within the digital database.
- Rename files and folders as necessary to address naming issues caused by invalid characters.
- Create folders within the digitized collection to better compartmentalize files and support better organization going forward.
- Review and update the SSHF metadata standards used for the digitized collection.
- Review non-catalogued digital files by consulting existing curatorial staff, reviewing the collection inventory, consulting original catalogue sheets and, when necessary, creating new accession numbers to correct any issues.
- Uploaded digital files to SaskCollections.
Funded through Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations, this position could begin as early as May 15, 2023, and concludes on August 25, 2023. The hourly salary is $16.00.
Preferred Current Field of Study:
- Arts – Museology
- Social Sciences
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of museum and/or archival practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A strong working knowledge of computers
- Ability to read, write & speak in English is mandatory
- Photography skills would be an asset
- Valid Driver License is mandatory
A resumé with a handwritten covering letter and three references should be forwarded to:
Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame and Museum – Attn: Curator
2205 Victoria Avenue
Regina, SK, S4P 0S4
Resumés are also accepted via E-Mail to: [email protected]. Please use Subject Title – YCW Summer Employment
Deadline for applications to be received is Friday, May 19, 2023