Are you looking for something to do with your children this summer? Our Creating Active Champions summer program is a great way to have fun and stay active through the summer months. The program will begin on July 4 and run on weekdays through August 18.
Creating Active Champions has made some changes this year, so please choose one of the three options below that best suits your needs!
1) Bring your child or group to have 90 minutes of fun both inside the Hall of Fame and across the street in Victoria Park.
This program is geared towards children aged 4-12. A donation of $2 per child is requested. Adult chaperones must be present at all times. There is a maximum of 30 participants in each session.
The program is offered twice daily on Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays:
9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
2) Drop off your child to spend a half day with us having fun and learning about STEM (Science Technology Engineering & Math) in sport. Each week will be a different theme sports day. This program is geared towards children aged 5-12. A donation of $10 per child is requested. There is a maximum of 12 participants in each session.
The program is offered twice daily on Wednesdays:
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
3) Let us bring the programming to your centre! Pick a morning or afternoon that suits you and we will deliver our programming at your facility, so you don’t have to go anywhere.
This program is geared towards children aged 4-12. A $25 donation per location is requested. Adult chaperones must be present.
The program is offered twice daily on Fridays:
One location per time slot, with two group sessions at each location.
9:30 a.m. – 11:45 p.m.
1:00 – 3:15 p.m.
This seven-week program begins on July 4, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
All individuals and groups must pre-register by contacting Vickie Krauss (306) 780-9232 or [email protected].
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Outside activities will only proceed weather permitting. During inclement weather, all activities will take place inside the Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame (SSHF) or your facility.
- All group leaders/parents/guardians/chaperones must ensure their child is dressed for the weather and outfitted with sunscreen, bug spray and a water bottle. The water fountain in the SSHF building is off-limits other than to fill water bottles.
- An adult chaperone must be present at all times with groups and individuals, except for the half-day sessions. We encourage their participation as well! For larger groups, we would appreciate a 1:8 chaperone/child ratio.
- Donation fees for groups and individuals can be paid by cash, cheque or credit card. We do not have debit available at the location.
- The SSHF reserves the right to cancel the program session if a minimum of 5 participants are not enrolled.
- Pre-registration must occur a minimum of 24 hours in advance while programming space remains available.
- We require at least 24 hours’ notice for cancellations.
- The SSHF promotes admission by donation to its galleries on a regular basis. Summer participants are provided with a “donation pass” to encourage them to come back throughout the summer with their families to engage in our sport interactives.
A special thank you to our Creating Active Champions sponsors Community Initiatives Fund and Sask Lotteries.