Start Date: Monday, January 27, 2014End Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2014
This one of a kind exhibit features past and present Saskatchewan Olympians and showcase treasures from our permanent collection celebrating the quest for gold. Some of the highlights include:
- Inductee W. Beattie Ramsay’s replica gold medal from the 1924 Olympics for hockey
- Inductee Craig Mackay’s extensive speed skating collection from the 1952 Olympics
- A participation medal from the 1964 Innsbruck Olympics
- Hudson Bay Company (HBC) striped blanket coat and hat from the 1964 Innsbruck Olympics.
- A poster collection depicting Inductee “Jungle” Jim Hunter’s (1972 & 1976 Olympics) unique training methods for alpine skiing
- Torches used in the 1988 (Calgary) and 2010 (Vancouver) Olympic Torch Runs
- An extensive collection from the 1998 Nagano Olympics including Hayley Wickenheiser’s hockey jersey, and a plaque commemorating the gold medal of the inducted Sandra Schmirler Curling Team.