The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame (SSHF) is looking for a summer Program Assistant – Education
The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is a progressive not-for-profit mid-sized NGO museum located in Regina. Our permanent collection encompasses approximately 19,000 items reflecting the sport history of the province. On an annual basis we offer a variety of temporary exhibits with themes derived from Saskatchewan’s extensive sport history, as well as a celebration of those individuals and teams recognized in the Hall of Fame. Exhibits are supported by education and special event programming delivered to a diverse audience spanning all ages.
In conjunction with the Education Coordinator the Program Assistant will:
- Assist with the development and delivery of our summer education program, Creating Active Champions, to children 5-12 years of age through in-person and online activations.
- To assist with the expansion of new in-house programs and/or education programming related to current and planned exhibits through research, identification and organization of program content.
Funded through Canada Summer Jobs, this position begins on June 27, 2022 and concludes on August 19, 2022. The hourly salary is $15.00.
- Experience or interest in education and working with young children is required
- Strong communication (presentation and inter-personal) skills are required
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of basic museum practices and/or an interest in Saskatchewan sport history would be beneficial
- Valid vulnerable sector police check must be provided
Preferred Current Field of Study:
- Museum Studies
A resume with three references should be forwarded to:
Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame and Museum – Attn: Education Coordinator
2205 Victoria Avenue
Regina, SK, S4P 0S4
Resumes are also accepted via E-Mail to: [email protected]. Please use Subject Title – Canada Summer Jobs Employment
Deadline for applications to be received is Friday, May 20, 2022