SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame (SSHF) is looking for a Curatorial Assistant
This position is funded in part through Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations. Applicants must register through the Young Canada Works website and meet the eligibility requirements.
The Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame is a progressive not-for-profit mid-sized NGO museum located in Regina. Our permanent collection encompasses approximately 19,000 items reflecting the sport history of the province. On an annual basis we offer a variety of temporary exhibits with themes derived from Saskatchewan’s extensive sport history, as well as a celebration of those individuals and teams recognized in the Hall of Fame.
Job Duties: In conjunction with the Curator, catalogue and digitize acquisitions to the permanent artifact & archival collection; conduct research and interpretation studies on applicable items within the collection with applications for pending exhibits both in-house and online. Participate in the provincial tour of a traveling exhibit and conduct interpretive programming for same.
Length of Term: Monday, May 17 – Friday, August 13, 2021
Hourly Wage: $15.00/hour
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program. Preferred current fields of study include: Arts – Museology, Social Sciences , or Humanities
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Photography skills would be an asset
- Strong communication skills would be an asset
- Knowledge of basic museum practices would be beneficial
- A strong working knowledge of computers would be an asset
- Very neat penmanship is mandatory
- Ability to read, write & speak in English is mandatory
- Ability for overnight travel throughout the province within a developed schedule
- Valid Driver License is mandatory
To Apply: Mail resume with hand written covering letter & three references to the:
Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame – Attn: Executive Director
2205 Victoria Avenue
Resume with scanned hand written covering letter & three references is accepted via
e-mail to [email protected]. Please use Subject Title – YCW Summer Employment
Deadline for applications to be received is Friday, April 30, 2021
For additional information: